Memorial Day Weekend Events in Gwinnett 2017
Fun, family-friendly activities this Memorial Day Weekend in Gwinnett!
Buford – Lake Lanier Islands
- Friday, May 26th – Monday, May 29th
- Memorial Day Weekend – Low Country Boil, Rolling Stones Tribute, Street Performers, LanierWorld, fireworks and more! Check out the event schedule for more information.
Buford – Mall of Georgia
- Saturday, May 27th at 6:30 pm
- Movies Under the Stars Summer Concert Series – Free movie “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” (PG-13) and music by Mike Veal Band. Bounce houses, food and drink vendors. Located at The Village Amphitheater.
- Monday, May 29th at 10:00 am
- 24th Annual Memorial Day Parade – The parade begins at Hebron Baptist Church and proceeds down Dacula Road, turns right on Second Ave, crosses Broad Street and ends at Dacula High School. The parade features Veterans, Veterans organizations, active and reserve service men and women, active and restored military vehicles, marching bands, Scouts, churches, community groups, custom designed floats, local businesses, horses, antique cars, trucks and tractors and much more!
Duluth – Food Truck Friday
- Friday, May 26th at 6:00 pm
- Food Truck Event – Fun, food and entertainment in historic downtown Duluth every Friday May – September.
Duluth – Medieval Times
- Thursday, May 25th – Monday, May 29th
- Monday, May 29th at 1:00 pm
- Fallen Heroes Memorial – This annual event honors our county’s fallen military and public service personnel. The Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners and honor guard units from Fire and Emergency Services, Police Department, Sheriff’s Office, and the Lawrenceville Police Department will take part in this event.
Lawrenceville – Gwinnett Braves
- Saturday, May 27th at 6:05 pm
- Friends & Family Night – $15 for a field box ticket, free G-Braves hat and and voucher for a Double Deluxe BetterBurger from Culver’s.
- Sunday, May 28th at 1:05 pm
- Chopper’s Kids Club and Sunday Funday – Kids Club members get a free ticket and other perks. Fans are invited to play catch on the field when the gates open and kids 12 and under can run the bases after the game.
- Monday, May 29th at 1:05 pm
- US World War I Centennial – Join the G-Braves as they honor the Centennial of WWI on Memorial Day. Flag giveaway, military vehicles and special presentations.
- Saturday, May 27th at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Wing Fling – Located on the Loganville Town Green this is a fundraiser for the Loganville Rotary Club featuring a contest to determine the best wings around, live entertainment as well as other activities.
- Monday, May 29th at 11:30 am
- Memorial Day Celebration at Thrasher Park – Food, music and more!
- Saturday, May 27th at 5:00 pm
- Memorial Day Ceremony and Concert on the Towne Green with music by On The Border (Eagles Tribute Band).
- May 26th – May 29th
- May 26th at 7:00 pm
- May 26th at 7:00 pm
- Red, White and Bluegrass & Bach Memorial Day Concert at Suwanee Town Center- Featuring the fun and patriotic music by the Main Street Orchestra, bluegrass music from Sideline, a salute to our veterans, food trucks and more – wear your red, white, and blue and come celebrate in Suwanee!
Are there any other events this Memorial Day Weekend that I missed? Let me know in the comments below!
Let's stay in touch!